Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cinema's Anonymous (2011) leads me to Anonymous Shake-Speare: The Man Behind by Kurt Kreiler

Anonymous Poster

Anonymous was a very good movie that I have been wanting to see ever since I saw its very first trailer. It was so full of history, and of course, the art of writing. Anonymous painstakingly showed us the beautiful yet mighty and fear deserving power of words. Too often we abuse words, offer them up for situations far less fierce than your choice of words would imply. We take them for granted while we speak, write, type, text and sometimes even when we think. These are some of the things I thought of when the character Edward De Vere spoke about the power of words, him and Johnson both having such reverence for their truth and creation that neither would betray them. It was nice to see a movie that speaks to the artist in me =]

I definitely plan on acquiring and reading the book that the movie was based on. I'll most likely write a pretty inspired review and or movie comparison as well. Watching movies is not usually how I browse for a good book to read, but I'm glad this one fell in my lap, so to speak. 

Brb.Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment