Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fallout by Ellen Hopkins

GREAT BOOK! It is the 3rd and final chapter in the series of Kristina. The first two are Crank and Glass. It is based on the true story of the authors daughter, however this final book is actually further from the truth and written from the perspective of Kristina's children, and set in the future. I love how the book rotates from points of view, the perspectives of Kristina's three eldest children named Hunter, Summer, and Autumn. She also has two younger sons who are a part of the story, just not told from their perspectives. Most importantly, I love the truth in how we are much like our parents no matter how our stories differ on the outside, and how somehow, family always comes back to each other.

I AM curious to know Kristina's real story, however I did really enjoy this book. Ellen Hopkins gave us, the readers, EXACTLY what we were looking for. I wonder if it was hard for her to write about her grandchildren in such a way, knowing that none of what she writes may ever happen. To talk about them and their sexual encounters, experimenting with drugs, and so on. I envy her for her strength and courage, for telling the hard truth about her own family. I also wonder if any of her family members resent her for the truths she releases into the world. In any case, I am a fan of Ellen Hopkins and have read almost all of her books so far, and excited for more. Most of all, I love how her stories are so strong, that I feel like I am going to miss Kristina and her family, who have taken a place in my heart.



PS! This time I read the whole book in like a day and then decided later that night to create a Book Journal blog, and this is what I came up with the next day after creating the blog. In the future I intend to blog periodically through reading the book and at other times, do the same as this one.

Brb.Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment